CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: How To: Prevent duplicate coding

Quote Originally Posted by wolle View Post
    No but if you know about the double post you can better decide if and how you want to reply. I cannot think of any situation where awareness of the existence of a double post would be in the way.

You don't need much bandwidth today. There aren't that many programming forums and the overall activity is much slower than it used to be. I used to post at the Sun Java forum in its heyday and there was hundreds of questions each day and hundreds of replies to each from a large community of regular posters. Those were the days...
    My bandwidth is limited to this site. If I see a question I know the answer to I generally will respond. It makes no difference if the question has been posted to other sites that I don't visit. To me, posting that something has been cross posted is just noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    To me, posting that something has been cross posted is just noise.
    To me it's relevant information. It's because I adapt my replies to the existing contributions. If there's an identical discussion going on elsewhere I like to know. Ideally the OP should volunteer this information already at the outset.

Is there a Codeguru policy on this? Is it considered bad/wrong to double post or to post information about double posting? If not then it's probably your post #10 that makes the largest noise in this thread. It's an ad hominem attack on a fellow forum member.
    Last edited by wolle; May 20th, 2020 at 01:30 AM.

To me it's relevant information. It's because I adapt my replies to the existing contributions. If there's an identical discussion going on elsewhere I like to know. Ideally the OP should volunteer this information already at the outset.

Is there a Codeguru policy on this? Is it considered bad/wrong to double post or to post information about double posting? If not then it's probably your post #10 that makes the largest noise in this thread.
    Perhaps but then you don't have to deal with reported posts from the one person that complains about duplicate posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    Perhaps but then you don't have to deal with reported posts from the one person that complains about duplicate posts.
    I don't understand the meaning of this reply.

You made an ad hominem attack on a forum member in #10 for having reported a double post. That's quite serious coming from a moderator and especially if reporting double posts is not wrong according to the rules of the forum.

That's my view but I drop this now.

I don't understand the meaning of this reply.

You made an ad hominem attack on a forum member in #10 for having reported a double post. That's quite serious coming from a moderator and especially if reporting double posts is not wrong according to the rules of the forum.

That's my view but I drop this now.
    In your eyes that maybe is what it appears, but there is more to the story that you don't know about. I could explain, but...

VictorN is online now Super Moderator Power Poster

Hello guys!
    I think the discussion i this thread runs out of the goal stated by OP.

So let's stop such kind of talking.
    You could however continue the off-topic discussions using private messaging.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12