CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How to only show last record in a linked table and then group these records

Hi, this is my first post, i'm from the Netherlands, so I hope my English is not to bad.

I'm using SAP BusinessObjects Crystal Reports 2013 Support Pack 4, Version 14.1.4.1327 on a windows10 machine (Sybase SQL database).
    The database shell we use is Ultimo (www.ultimo.com)

I'm using 2 Tables (Equipment-tabel and LendOut-tabel). (We register equipment and we want to know which equipment is available for lending out (lend out or available)
    Tables are linked by EquipmentId (EquipmentMove.EqmmEqmID -> Equipment.EqmId)

Is there a way to show only the last record of the EquipmentMove table, and then group this result by EquipmentMove.EqmmRecStatus (= lend out or available) and within this group group again by Equipment.EqmDescription.
    In the attachements you will find what i did so far:
    Attachment 35846Attachment 35847Attachment 35848
    Group #1 on @UitleenStatus, Group #2 on EquipmentMove.EqmmEqmiD and Suppress Details Section {ReordCount > 1) to get the last records.
    The problem is that i get duplicate records.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: How to only show last record in a linked table and then group these records

Don't know much about cr, but can you sort the linked table in descending order and select 1 record?