CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Red face Something I learned about fonts and Power Packs 10 items with Visual Studio 2012

Hello!

I hope I am about to share something that was previously unknown and extremely helpful to Visual Studio 2012 users.
    I had previously posted that a form that I had created in VS2012 for a project was not centering after adding some picture boxes to it. That was only partially true.

I was trying to create a slots type game with 15 picture boxes. In order to display which picture boxes were "winners", I had decided to use Microsoft Visual Basic Power Packs 10 rectangle to become visible around the winning boxes. When I drew the rectangle around the boxes, rebuilt the code (debug mode - any cpu) the form would not display center screen as it should have based upon its Start Position property (Center Screen).

What I had learned thru trial and error is: if you change the FONT of the form from it's default to anything else, then add rectangles - the form will not center!
    No replies are necessary, but you may respond with questions if any of this is unclear.
    I hope I have helped in some small way.

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: Something I learned about fonts and Power Packs 10 items with Visual Studio 2012

You might want to download the free Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition and try it as it's possible that the bug has been fixed since the 2012 version.