CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    15

    SQL Server Backup recovery

    Hi,

    Is it possible to recover a sql incremential backup without disposing the full backup ?

    Thank you for help

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    13

    Re: SQL Server Backup recovery

    Take a backup
    Launch SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and connect to your SQL Server instance.
    Expand the Databases node in Object Explorer.
    Right-click the database, hover over Tasks, and select Back up.
    Under Destination, confirm the path for your backup is correct.
    Select OK to take a backup of your database.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    15

    Re: SQL Server Backup recovery

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeduke1290 View Post
    Take a backup
    Launch SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and connect to your SQL Server instance.
    Expand the Databases node in Object Explorer.
    Right-click the database, hover over Tasks, and select Back up.
    Under Destination, confirm the path for your backup is correct.
    Select OK to take a backup of your database.
    Hi,
    I already try this method but it does not work, without the full Backup.

    Regards

  4. #4
    Arjay's Avatar
    Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: SQL Server Backup recovery

    Quote Originally Posted by James West View Post
    Hi,
    I already try this method but it does not work, without the full Backup.

    Regards
    The answer is no. An incremental backup requires a full back up as a starting point.

    Not sure what you are trying to do, but read up on sql db snapshots. They can return the db to a known point in time and are seperate from backups.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    15

    Re: SQL Server Backup recovery

    Quote Originally Posted by Arjay View Post
    The answer is no. An incremental backup requires a full back up as a starting point.

    Not sure what you are trying to do, but read up on sql db snapshots. They can return the db to a known point in time and are seperate from backups.
    OK, I am going to check et will let you know the result

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

Featured