CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Good afternoon I need help with the software C / C ++ for Visual Studio Code

Good afternoon friends
    I need help and guidance:
    I downloaded and installed the software on my computer
    C / C ++ for Visual Studio Code
    And I want to program a computer game in the software
    How can i do it
    ?
    Thanks to whoever will guide me in this I am waiting......

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Good afternoon I need help with the software C / C ++ for Visual Studio Code

Have you confirmed that your VS installation can properly compile C++ code - using a simple test program?

What is your current level of knowledge of C++?

What type of computer game? If it is gui type game, then what graphics package are you going to use as standard C++ doesn't have in-built graphics support?
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

GCDEF is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Re: Good afternoon I need help with the software C / C ++ for Visual Studio Code

Quote Originally Posted by maor7583 View Post
    I downloaded and installed the software on my computer
    C / C ++ for Visual Studio Code

What software did you download and install? Visual Studio?

Writing C++ code isn't something you learn to do overnight. It takes months or years to get reasonably good at it.

Start with some basic tutorials or books, but it will be a long time before you can write a game if you have no programming experience.

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)