CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Is it possible to connect SQL Server via internet without opening port like teamview?

Is it possible to connect SQL Server via internet without opening port like teamview software ?
    When installing the software to connect SQL database over the internet, I have to declare to open the port to get data. I want to make this installation simple, I can rewrite the SQL Server data connection without opening the same port like temview software or Ultraview software? If so how would the code be written or there is a sample for this case ?

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Is it possible to connect SQL Server via internet without opening port like teamv

AFAIK you can use the 'default" port.
    From https://www.connectionstrings.com/mi...standard-port/ :
    The default SQL Server port is 1433 and there is no need to specify that in the connection string.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Re: Is it possible to connect SQL Server via internet without opening port like teamv

You do not understand my question, The Microsoft standard SQL Server connection must have a static IP, a Port, a user and a password to connect via the Internet, this connection is like the connection of VNC software to control the computer from Meanwhile, teamView and Ultraview software have the same function as VNC software only uses IP, user and password to connect, you should note that teamView and UltraView software do not use a port to connect, in In this case, I want to ask, can I design or write code to connect SQL Server without using a port like teamView or Ultraview software ?

You are right. I did not understand your question. So try to ask to make it more easy to understand.

What is TeamView? If you meant the TeamViewer, then it does use TCP/UDP port 5938:
    https://www.teamviewer.com/en/trust-...%20this%20port.
    Victor Nijegorodov

I see teamView as an application or not using a Port that uses the same TCP protocol as the TCP protocol of SQL Server if writing is linked SQL Server does not use Port as teamView is a good idea. I think in the future this technique will be developed for SQL Server

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Generally you access a sql database through a web service over the internet. It wouldn't be recomended to expose the database directly (that would be a security issue)..

Is there a way to check which port teamViewer software is running ?

Victor Nijegorodov

Not sure where you get that teamviewer or any software that communicates over the internet for that matter does not use a port. You must use a port to communicate over TCP. That's the way it works. Teamviewer just handles that without you needing to see it. My software also uses a default port, it can be changed if needed via an ini file but most users never have the need to do so.

That said I really can not tell what it is that you are trying to ask.
    Always use [code][/code] tags when posting code.