CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

How to connect to SQL Server via proxy ?

Suppose I have 2 network layers: network layer A and network layer C, network layer A is the internal network layer without using the internet, network layer C uses the internet, in network layer C I use management software sales with SQL Server connection over the Internet, with following chain connection:
    Code:
    public static string sConnectionString = @ "Server = IP WAN, Port 1433; Database = MyData; User Id = sa; password = xxx";
    The question is, I am at network layer A, intranet layer, how do I want to use sales management software to connect SQL Server via proxy? If I use a proxy connection, how should I fix it?
    Code:
    public static string sConnectionString = ??? // via proxy ???

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Re: How to connect to SQL Server via proxy ?

Download a version of Visual Studio 2019 community edition. Choose the options to install C# .NET Core.

Open Visual Studio and choose file/new project. Choose the Web Service .net core template.

The web service provides the rest interface that your sales management software talks to.

The web service can use something like Entity Framework core to connect to the database.

The sales management software never connects to the database directly but gets its data from the web service.

I am not excited about webform if the web connection I use lower version Visual Studio 219 the program runs normally, I am asking the connection in winform, you understand my question?

Arjay is offline Moderator / EX MS MVP Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dongtrien View Post
    I am not excited about webform if the web connection I use lower version Visual Studio 219 the program runs normally, I am asking the connection in winform, you understand my question?
    Not really. Your client software should never talk to the database directly.