CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
    John E is offline Elite Member Power Poster

Missing symbol - local_stdio_printf_options

I'm updating some libraries (previously built with vs2005) to use vs2019. One of the libs gives me a linker error about a missing symbol called local_stdio_printf_options. This doesn't appear in the library code or any of its dependencies so I assume it's coming from one of the default compiler libs - but I can't find it mentioned on MSDN either

Does anyone know what I'd need to link to in order to find that symbol?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles F. Kettering

2kaud is online now Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Missing symbol - local_stdio_printf_options

Is this the same as your post here https://forums.codeguru.com/showthre...printf_options
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Oops sorry - I'd forgotten I encountered this once before...

2kaud is online now Super Moderator Power Poster

We all have those 'senior moments'........
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Since I hit 60 I'm sure having a lot more of them !!