CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Python Developer Salary and Career

Hello, I am currently researching Python development. What should I focus on learning in Python and where do I start with? I am currently following a few blogs, forums, Codecademy. And, according to InterviewBit, the average salary for a Python guy is 1M INR. Can I actually earn this as a fresher?

Re: Python Developer Salary and Career

I just read that the average salary for a Python developer in the US is $108,000 US and that the starting salary is around $65,000. Middle tier Python developers should be making around $85,000 a year.

Per Ziprecruiter, Python salaries around the world are more like:

United Kingdom - $54,000
    Sweden - $54,000
    France - $51,000
    Austria - $57,000
    Denmark - $78,000
    Norway - $71,000

I didn't find rates for India, but did see that Ziprecruiter lists over 14,000 Python jobs in India.

I did find that upGrad indicated that a Python Web developer would make on average ₹309,161 (I don't know what that is in US dollars). With less than 1 year experience in Python, this can drop to ₹225,000 but with 10+ years of experience go over ₹776,000. For the overall entry-level Python developer, the median salary is ₹427,000. Locations like Bangalore, Delhi, and Gurgoan are going to pay more than places like Chennai, Hyderabad, and Pune.

Of course - this information is all available with a simple Google search.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones,
    Yowza Publishing
    LotsOfSoftware, LLC

-----------------------------------------------

Re: Python Developer Salary and Career

I have recently looked for an internship in Russia and the average salary for a Python Developing Intern is $13,200 a year. Though it depends on the city and the company it is located in. For example the salaries in big cities such as Moscow and St. Petersburg are higher comparing to the smaller ones.