CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Post Resize the window to a button size

Hello, i want be able to resize the whole window to a first button size on that button click. And restore it's original size on next click. I hope that there are some implementations of this kind of functionality, but didn't find it yet.
    Could someone share an example or describe the plan how to manage it nicely.

I thought that i should dinamicaly create all other subcontrols and remove them from the grid on button click, to be able to shrink window size to first button only.
    Or maybe i can move all controls under the first button and make them invisible, so that only one that button was shown.

Name:  2021-08-31_11-32-23.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  4.1 KB

VictorN is online now Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Resize the window to a button size

I have no idea how it would be implemented in WPF, however, there is a set Win32 API functions ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...2/api/winuser/ ) that could be used to do this:
    GetWindowRect
    MoveWindow (or/and SetWindowPos)
    ClientToScreen
    ScreenToClient
    Last edited by VictorN; September 8th, 2021 at 04:00 PM.
    Victor Nijegorodov

Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    I have no idea how it would be implemented in WPF, however, there is a set Win32 API functions ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...2/api/winuser/ ) that could be used to do this:
    GetWindowRect
    MoveWindow (or/and SetWindowPos)
    ClientToScreen
    ScreenToClient
    I created a panel with only button, so on a click - i show that panel. resize window from the LEFT side (it is ease, Window.Width = btn.Width) and than move window positon on window.Width - btn.Width to the RIGHT.
    So in fact i resize from the left size, but it looks like it is right side.

VictorN is online now Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Polazhenko View Post
    I created a panel with only button, so on a click - i show that panel. resize window from the LEFT side (it is ease, Window.Width = btn.Width) and than move window positon on window.Width - btn.Width to the RIGHT.
    So in fact i resize from the left size, but it looks like it is right side.
    Did you try it without "move window positon on window.Width - btn.Width to the RIGHT"?
    Victor Nijegorodov

Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    Did you try it without "move window positon on window.Width - btn.Width to the RIGHT"?
    i have no clue, how to resize, moving left side of the window, resize button should be the first from the right side.