CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Compatible C++ libraries Questions.

I am trying to construct a cross compatible C++ Libraries platform, and I was wondering if anyone can reply with a set of
    answers and recommendations.

I wish to assemble a library set. The following listed domains all need to be 64 bit native, and have dual versions for .rpm Linux 64 bit (Fedora) and Windows 10 64 bit.
    They need to be native C++, available on both the Windows and Linux platforms, and need to be directly compatible with one another, ideally reified, as applicable.
    I am also trying to assemble this library set being financially free, or very nearby, for commercial application use, that are completed as far as their respectives tasks do go.
    These libraries all need to be completely documented in English. It can also be the case that one library can be a "meta-library", and can encompass a number of the following
    domains, all at once. What do people recommend I choose for the following 10 headings, in relation to these platform requirements, but also in relation to these libraries
    exchanging readily between one another?

1) Compiling. I aim to use the TDM Compiler for Windows or Linux, and am prepared to consider g++ for Linux. This problem is solved,hereby.

2) The standard library. Comes with primitive types, Data structures, and File API. This heading is dealt with.Does the standard library
    have time, ie. count up, count down, and system clock support?

3) An audio lib. Capable of loading, playing, pausing, repeating, maybe fast forward or rewinding to a point in an audio file. Multi audio file
    format support, mp3 included. Within a standard library thread. What is recommended?

4) A 2D Graphical User Interface library. Widgets, layout, and event support with 2D Graphics drawing and siplay support of major image file formats,
    likely with the ability to play major video file formats, which is reify compatible with the other libraries here. Am considering wxwidgets for now.
    Is there anything better, that is free, powerful, complete, maybe easier to use? Or not?

5) A Graphing API, immediately compatible with the 2D GUI library. For 2D or 3D style graphs and data plots to a 2D
    gui, or a file. I am considering GNU Plot. What would be best in this total setting?

6) An advanced 3D Graphical User Interface library, that includes Special Effects and other useful advanced options.
    Needs to be sufficiently comptaible with the 2D GUI library code base. What would be practically ideal?

7) An Arbitrary or High Precision Mathematics library, with all the required options. This is not a problem, as the
    GMP library will do, or something like TTMATH.

8) A Network or Internet Network library, that allows for Client/Server or Peer/Peer communciation through an
    ethernet network, the intenet, or both, in secure, non-plain text fashion, an in a directly
    same or cross OS platform manner. What could I choose?

9) Post compiling protection of code and resourse files for the full application. This may involve payment
    in the end. What is recommended, for Windows and Linux binaries?

10) Potentially, a C++ Threaded CGI Webserver addon. Like FastCGI. For the Apache HTTPD Webserver.
    So that web page connection sessions can each communicate with (web)server software, and vice versa.
    Somewhat similar to .asp or .jsp, but for C++. Hopefully, in a 1 thread/connection manner.
    Is there anything better, or faster, than FastCGI, for C++?

?
    Last edited by Zachary1234; September 17th, 2021 at 02:51 AM.

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Re: Compatible C++ libraries Questions.

All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

-Is there anyone out there who can give a total, full answer to all ten (10) of my questions, kindly?

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary1234 View Post
    -Is there anyone out there who can give a total, full answer to all ten (10) of my questions, kindly?
    I doubt...
    Just because there is no so many people at CG that work with cross-platform programming.
    Victor Nijegorodov