CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

programming question

I have little experience with programming, I've "made" (and sold hehe) about 15 NFT minting apps/websites in the past 6 months, all pretty much the same with some slight design changes. The apps are using javascript, react I believe.. I used open-source code, so, in my eyes I didn't actually make them lol. A real programmer in my opinion is someone who can create something from nothing. I had so many limitations because I have literally never looked at code prior, nor how websites actually work; hosting, domain etc. I enjoyed figuring things out in the app design epoxy flooring st augustine fl, and understanding how things branched together like CSS with app.js. It is certainly overwhelming at times, and I hit a lot of brick walls on things I wanted to do, but nevertheless I had fun. Solidity is super interesting too. Some people probably think I'm a loser for having fun looking at code on a screen with hardly any knowledge on it, but it's all about the satisfaction of figuring something out.

Where should I go from here? Is it just a matter of putting in the time even if I don't know what I'm doing yet? I struggled to study on youtube courses, because they wouldn't explain the little things..
    like, why would a comma go here, why would this bracket go there.. and to be honest, they were all boring the hell out of me. I really need specifics, I think I have a learning difficulty idk. I grew a heavy interest in crypto 2 years ago and in January I decided I want in on the NFT scene, so I forced myself to learn how to create a collection from A to Z, it took me 4 weeks of all-day-and-nights (I have no life) since buying NFTs was too risky for me and I couldn't afford blue chips. **** I nearly gave up on a handful of occasions, but I grinded it out and learned. Some stuff I didn't fully understand, I just knew it was required for the process.. So yeah, since the market is down and my collections lost interest, I was setting up others projects $450 a pop and in reality I could set one up in like 2hours. My orders aren't quick enough and I want to learn and create new things. The concept of Tinder intrigues me, i'm guessing the code behind it is straight forward? Is there a way for me to view their code and learn how it works? I want to create something great, and I want to get stinky rich doing it.
    Last edited by existenceproduct; January 19th, 2023 at 06:10 AM.

Re: programming question

Quote Originally Posted by existenceproduct View Post
    I have little experience with programming, I've "made" (and sold hehe) about 15 NFT minting apps/websites in the past 6 months, all pretty much the same with some slight design changes. The apps are using javascript, react I believe.. I used open-source code, so, in my eyes I didn't actually make them lol. A real programmer in my opinion is someone who can create something from nothing epoxy flooring Atlanta. I had so many limitations because I have literally never looked at code prior, nor how websites actually work; hosting, domain etc. I enjoyed figuring things out in the app design, and understanding how things branched together like CSS with app.js. It is certainly overwhelming at times, and I hit a lot of brick walls on things I wanted to do, but nevertheless I had fun. Solidity is super interesting too. Some people probably think I'm a loser for having fun looking at code on a screen with hardly any knowledge on it, but it's all about the satisfaction of figuring something out.

Where should I go from here? Is it just a matter of putting in the time even if I don't know what I'm doing yet? I struggled to study on youtube courses, because they wouldn't explain the little things..
    like, why would a comma go here, why would this bracket go there.. and to be honest, they were all boring the hell out of me. I really need specifics, I think I have a learning difficulty idk. I grew a heavy interest in crypto 2 years ago and in January I decided I want in on the NFT scene, so I forced myself to learn how to create a collection from A to Z, it took me 4 weeks of all-day-and-nights (I have no life) since buying NFTs was too risky for me and I couldn't afford blue chips. **** I nearly gave up on a handful of occasions, but I grinded it out and learned vinyl flooring atlanta. Some stuff I didn't fully understand, I just knew it was required for the process.. So yeah, since the market is down and my collections lost interest, I was setting up others projects $450 a pop and in reality I could set one up in like 2hours. My orders aren't quick enough and I want to learn and create new things. The concept of Tinder intrigues me, i'm guessing the code behind it is straight forward? Is there a way for me to view their code and learn how it works? I want to create something great, and I want to get stinky rich doing it.
    no response
    Last edited by existenceproduct; February 15th, 2023 at 02:49 AM.

VictorN is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by existenceproduct View Post
    no response
    Well, it is a Visual C++ Programming forum.
    which aspects of Visual C++ Programming are you interested in or what is your problem in Visual C++ Programming?
    Victor Nijegorodov

Quote Originally Posted by VictorN View Post
    Well, it is a Visual C++ Programming forum.
    which aspects of Visual C++ Programming are you interested in or what is your problem in Visual C++ Programming
    garage floor coating gold coast?
    my question isn't relevant to this category.
    Last edited by existenceproduct; December 27th, 2022 at 09:53 PM.

2kaud is offline Super Moderator Power Poster

[ moved ]
    All advice is offered in good faith only. All my code is tested (unless stated explicitly otherwise) with the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio (using the supported features of the latest standard) and is offered as examples only - not as production quality. I cannot offer advice regarding any other c/c++ compiler/IDE or incompatibilities with VS. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ and can be used without reference or acknowledgement. Also note that I only provide advice and guidance via the forums - and not via private messages!

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Your best option probably is to team up with a good programmer. That is how many successful companies started - one with the vision and one with the know-how.

@wolle thank you for your suggestion concrete polishing cape coral
    Last edited by existenceproduct; January 29th, 2023 at 08:49 PM.