CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Choosing the Right Programming Language for Cross-Platform Mobile App Development

I'm planning to develop a mobile app that works on both iOS and Android platforms, and I'm wondering which programming language or framework would be the best choice for cross-platform development. I've heard about options like Flutter, React Native, Xamarin, and native development (Swift for iOS and Kotlin for Android).

What are the key factors to consider when choosing a technology for cross-platform app development? Can you provide insights into the strengths and weaknesses of each option, as well as any other notable cross-platform development tools? Performance, development speed, and accessibility to device-specific capabilities are among the aspects in which I'm very interested. I have searched thenternet for several websites, but I need expert advice. Additionally, any first-hand knowledge or advice from programmers who have created cross-platform mobile apps would be constructive.

My goal is to make an informed decision and ensure a smooth development process while targeting both major mobile platforms.
    Last edited by 2kaud; October 13th, 2023 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Removed URL

Re: Choosing the Right Programming Language for Cross-Platform Mobile App Development

Why not make use of a component suite such as DevExtreme which does all the setup for you, which enables you to simply write the app and DevExtreme will take of the platforms.

I'd suggest this for a starting point in your mobile dev career