CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com

Threaded View

Choosing the Right Programming Language for Cross-Platform Mobile App Development

I'm planning to develop a mobile app that works on both iOS and Android platforms, and I'm wondering which programming language or framework would be the best choice for cross-platform development. I've heard about options like Flutter, React Native, Xamarin, and native development (Swift for iOS and Kotlin for Android).

What are the key factors to consider when choosing a technology for cross-platform app development? Can you provide insights into the strengths and weaknesses of each option, as well as any other notable cross-platform development tools? Performance, development speed, and accessibility to device-specific capabilities are among the aspects in which I'm very interested. I have searched thenternet for several websites, but I need expert advice. Additionally, any first-hand knowledge or advice from programmers who have created cross-platform mobile apps would be constructive.

My goal is to make an informed decision and ensure a smooth development process while targeting both major mobile platforms.
    Last edited by 2kaud; October 13th, 2023 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Removed URL