Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Microsoft Sucks!

When I was trying to compile some files, I got an error from cl.exe:
    fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
    (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1794)
    Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
    Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information

Anyone know how to?

I tried to report this to Microsft. I entered its support homepage as it told me. But I could find an easy way to send the error message to them. They make their support homepage complex but useless!!! Finally I gave up to bother them. They suck!

Re: Microsoft Sucks!

Do you have the latest Service Pack (3)?

Imagine the world without Microsoft(The people you claim suck) most of us would probably be out of a Job.

---===---
    I'm not here for the rates, but rating a post is a good way for me to know how much i helped.
    ---===---
    Daniel

i recently had the same problem but i figured out what was causing it. Maybe you have the same error or a similar one.
    I was using CFile and inside the code i wrote by an accident
    CFile::CFile::modeCreate
    and when i tried to compile, i had same error.

check your code, maybe you made the same mistake.

No, Daniel, we wouldn't be out of a job; we would be using a "real" operating system like Unix or the
    dearly departed OS2. What a wonderful world it would be if we as programmers didn't have to port to a new operating system every 6 months!

Yes, we'd be out of jobs, because in a world with UNIX as it primary OS would never (EVER) have reached to person computer penatration level that we have with Windows. Instead a world market for computers of several hundred million, it would be barely a hundred thousand... There would be no ".com"s as there would be no point for most companies to point up a web site, as no one would be listening. There would be no word-processing, so typewriters would still be big ('cuz UNIX hacks idea of word processing in NROFF) (ANd Yes I know that there are UNIX WP programs. My point is, there wouldn't have been if they didn't have to complete with Windows)

As for OS/2, Microsoft wrote version 1.0, 1.1 & 2.0. IBM modified 1.1 into 1.2, and then 2.0 is 2.1, 2.2 (called Warp 3) and 2.3 (called Warp 4). If there wasn't a Microsoft, there would never have been an OS/2.

Truth,
    James
    http://www.NJTheater.com
    http://www.NJTheater.com/JamesCurran
    I don't do it for the points (OK, maybe I do), but rating a post is a good way for me to know if I helped.

I'm thinkin' that slamming Microsoft in a C++ forum web site is akin to
    Bill Gates extolling the virtues of Explorer at a Netscape symposium!

It's funny how I have the same thoughts about Microsoft every time I encounter the infamous "INTERNAL ERROR" message. Luckily it always goes away by doing a "Rebuild All" or something similar and then I come back to my senses and think "Thank God for Microsoft." :-)

Regards,
    Alvaro

Windows is what brought the users to computers, before windows many people wouldn't even look at computers. Windows isn't designed only for developers, but for users. Microsoft didn't force anybody to use Windows, the users chose it as the best operation system.

I just love people that whenever they have a problem programming they automaticly say "**** Microsoft". I for one appreciate the big gaint's OS. I agree there are many bugs, BUT, there are many features.

---===---
    I'm not here for the rates, but rating a post is a good way for me to know how much i helped.
    ---===---
    Daniel

Ok, time for me to take a few more wacks at the dead horse.

I'm curious: which version of "Windows" OS do you like most? Windows 2.0? 3.0? 3.1? 3.1 for
    Workgoups? Windows 95? (build "A" or "B")? Windows NT 3.0? 4.0? (with all its service packs)
    Windows 98? Windows 2000? DOS? (and all its versions). The new version of Windows that
    is suppose to come out 4th quarter of this year? (etc. etc..)

My problem is this: every time Microsoft decides to come out with a new OS, something I have developed and debugged over the previous year or so breaks. Case in point: we were using a registry
    setting that told us what the local date setting was. When Windows 95 build "B" came out, our
    software mysteriously stopped working. Reason: the particular setting we were using disappeared
    between builds "A" and "B".

I have been using Microsoft products for over 12 years. I agree that there are many features. But I
    totally disagree that the reason people chose Microsoft over everything else was because "Windows
    was better". But, since my users want Windows products, I will continue to endure the incessant
    release of new OS's and the secularist attitude towards other vendors that Microsoft has adopted.

Re: I just love people that whenever they have a problem programming they automaticly say "**** Microsoft".

When I first started programming (C lang in DOS) and there was a compiler error or my program crashed I first blamed the computer, compiler and (of course) Microsoft. Boy, how times change. Recently I had a client's computer crashing -- it was the computer, but it was several days before I even had the thought that it might not be me!

Re: I for one appreciate the big gaint's OS. I agree there are many bugs, BUT, there are many features.

I am not a Microsoft fan, but I think Visual Studio 6.0 is about the most delightful working environment I've ever used, and I am a HUGE fan of MFC. Yes, it is not perfect, but it's benefits so far outnumber it's faults.....

I think that most people are not upset with Microsoft products themselves, but Microsoft's practices. Example, I'm not to fond of MFC so I use SDK, Microsoft updated their SDK documentation from January 2000 to April. I decided to download it, and get a piece of documentation on interprocess communications. As soon as it downloads it deletes my entire documentation library and tools from the January edition! So now I have to go back and re-download the sum of about 100megs of documentation and tools, at an average of 2-3k a sec that is going to take me a while.
    Why on Earth would the program need to delete all my tools (dialog editor, spy++, etc) and documentation when all I added was one help file?

What you portend here is complete conjecture. No one knows 'what might have been', so don't even try. if it wasn't MS that did it, than someone else would most likely have. You think there weren't any other graphical interfaces before MICROS~1?

I love editing posts I made 4 years ago. It throws off the next set of replies
    Last edited by Craig Gemmill; January 30th, 2004 at 11:29 PM.
    Good Luck,
    Craig - CRG IT Solutions - Microsoft Gold Partner

-My posts after 08/2015 = .NET 4.x and Visual Studio 2015
    -My posts after 11/2011 = .NET 4.x and Visual Studio 2012
    -My posts after 02/2010 = .NET 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010
    -My posts after 12/2007 = .NET 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008
    -My posts after 04/2007 = .NET 3.0 and Visual Studio 2005
    -My posts before 04/2007 = .NET 1.1/2.0

*I do not follow all threads, so if you have a secondary question, message me.

I just came across your posting. Hope your problem is solved. In case it still isn't, check out MSDN. There's some information regarding why it happens (it has something to do with the way optimization etc are implemented in the compiler, if my memory serves me right). I got the same error couple of times. I just read through the code MANUALLY (now you can say MS sucks!!) and found a couple of errors. I rebuilt the program after correcting only the first error and it complied and showed the balance errors as usual. I don't know why it's like that but, that is the way it is...have fun

If Windows did not exist, then something else would. That is a certainty. By the time Windows was catching on, there was enough competition that something else would have developed.

One of the original GUI interfaces is said to be SmallTalk, which I know very little about, except the following two articles might say as much.

See http://ei.cs.vt.edu/~history/GASCH.KAY.HTML for an interesting story from the point of view of one of the inventors of the Smalltalk programming language.

See http://oracle.com/oramag/oracle/97-Jan/17covgloss.html for another opinion that SmallTalk was the first GUI.

See http://www.madcapps.com/writings/lawsuit.htm for an article that says that the Windows interface definitely ripped off the Apple interface.

"Signature":
    My web site is Simple Samples.
    C# Corner Editor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast