CodeGuru Home VC++ / MFC / C++ .NET / C# Visual Basic VB Forums Developer.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: arrays of bits

Re: arrays of bits

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez_masherano View Post
    yes but what is the required algorithm before the implemenation, the algorithm should be independant of the language or the application and it should run as specified in the problem statement
    hardware-independent algos don't exist in our furious & crafty World You can develop quite portable thing, but performance will be very shy.

Quote Originally Posted by S@rK0Y View Post
    hardware-independent algos don't exist in our furious & crafty World You can develop quite portable thing, but performance will be very shy.
    At an algorithm forum a certain ability to reason in the abstract is expected,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstraction

Otherwise you risk coming across as a rambling nutcase and no one will listen. Especially if you also use opaque almost incomprehensible language.
    Last edited by razzle; November 7th, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by razzle View Post
    At an algorithm forum a certain ability to reason in the abstract is expected,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstraction

Otherwise you risk coming across as a rambling nutcase and no one will listen. Especially if you also use opaque almost incomprehensible language.
    programmer must understand the limits of abstraction clearly, otherwise it's impossible to develop efficient algorithms. i think you can recall an example or two, where algos of equal mathematical complexity run at very different speeds.

programmer must understand the limits of abstraction clearly, otherwise it's impossible to develop efficient algorithms.
    No need to worry. Most programmers understand that computational complexity and runtime speed are efficiency measures at different levels of abstraction, and although there is a correlation between them, one doesn't translate directly into the other.

With that set aside I hope you may now be able to give a more to the point reply to sanchez_masherano's post #15. Good luck.
    Last edited by razzle; November 9th, 2014 at 02:44 AM.

No need to worry. Most programmers understand that computational complexity and runtime speed are efficiency measures at different levels of abstraction, and although there is a correlation between them, one doesn't translate directly into the other.

With that set aside I hope you may now be able to give a more to the point reply to sanchez_masherano's post #15. Good luck.
    i don't know hardware-independent algos even java codes, js, php.. are only theoretically portable things.

i don't know hardware-independent algos even java codes, js, php.. are only theoretically portable things.
    It's considered bad manners to hijack other people's threads.

It's considered bad manners to hijack other people's threads.
    yes, it's bad, but something says me that Topic Starter has solved his question + i don't know what else can be said on topic. i think it may be only the cadging to write a code from scratch. anyway, i'm done -- there's been rather curious algo i wanna complete.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12